Monday, July 13, 2009

Just my intro

I am not new to blogging. . . not at all. However I am new to blogging for the simple enjoyment of blogging. I have a long blog I kept of my teenage daughter's pregnancy. . . the ups, downs, painful and amazing experiences. I still add a bit here and there (though sadfully neglectful lately) however my grandson is now almost three years old, so that part of life has settled into a peaceful rhythm. You can access that blog at www.mybabysbaby.blogspot.com

My other blogs had to do with my own sexuality, my identity, my choices. I won't share that one here because I have learned that sexuality, gender, life in general is just a series of movements along a spectrum. Some days I am convinced I know it all, other days I am aware of my pitiful limitations of knowledge in the area of gender.

My other blog had the ups and downs of being a single mother with five children pursuing a college degree. The days I almost gave up, the times I made honor roll, the exciting graduation . . . but now I have found that life has settled . . . and I had nothing to blog about.

Then, it hit me. . . I have everything to blog about. I have built my life into near perfection, well, for me anyway. See, for many people my life would be interesting, boring, too exciting . . . too mundane. . who knows? For me, it is just right. . So, I thought I would blog about my daily activities, my children, my little garden, my job, my pursual of a masters degree *me, the kid who dropped out of high school!*

I can talk about my joy when my beans sprout, or my son makes a new friend, when the bunnies give good fertilizer or I get out of having to go to court at work. I can talk about the amazing children I have or how my grandson snuggles next to me and calls me "amma" That. . . is what this blog will be about. . . .simple sustainable bits. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment