Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Camping again this weekend . . .

So, there is so much I want to blog about and vent about but for right now, for this moment, for tonight, I just am going to share pics from last weekend and revel in the glory that living in Oregon provides. Sometimes I get upset and want to move far away but when I look at these pictures and have the memories held so tender in my heart, I realize I have everything I could truly ask for here. . . .

Last weekend I was planning on staying home and getting some stuff done around the house. I go back to grad school in four weeks and with it getting close to fall there is alot of stuff to get done. I need to fix up the bunny cages, plant more garden veggies for the fall and winter, clean out summer clothing and get fall clothing out, not to mention canning the garden produce and just . . . . it goes on and on.

Then my mom said she would go camping with me for the weekend. WOWSA! Mom hasn't camped with me in years so I really couldn't resist the opportunity. So, we packed up and headed to one of our favorite spots that is about an hour away. I had such a good time fishing and playing in the water, eating tons of food and relaxing. I wish every weekend was camping lol! So, here are some pics to share . . .





This is one of the views, we spent alot of time fishing right here. Good rainbow trout!

Dinner! 7 fresh rainbow trout and burgers . . . and baked beans in the dutch oven. Oh that fish was SO good!!!

Jake showing off his balancing skills


Kids + Water + Mud = REALLY fun time!!!


Nature's balance beam . . . here goes Hannah testing her courage and balance . . .



Here is Hannah showing her lack of balance. OUCH!


Kiah ~ on the eve of turning Fourteen, she is still able to let her childlike side out and play in the sand and water. I feel amazingly blessed to have such a simple and happy child. I think she has an amazing life set ahead for her.




Jake, happy as could be with the water right there. He could spend all day out there playing.



Hannah Too!!





Jumping off the ledge proved to be a hilarious blast of fun. Sometimes it was just taking turns, at other times it was running yelling "CANNONBALL", either way, it was great fun!


JUMP!
Katie showing off part of her catch


Jake fishing away . . . nice to see him mellow

Hope you liked our show . . . . Vent to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment