Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Birthday present

I turned the ripe ole age of 34 this year. The kids had asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I really couldn't think of anything. Honestly I have everything I could ever want and need. Then, I though of something . . . . I said I really wanted a nice picture of all five kiddos together. I forgot after that and didn't give it much of a thought.

So, on Sunday my oldest daughter asked me to come over for a bbq. I went over and there in the backyard was a brand new picnic table! I was so excited because I have wanted one for quite awhile and it is so practical! We eat outside alot in the summer because it is usually cooler.

After that, the kids were still giddy with excitement. I couldn't figure out what was going on and then they brought me a present. It was pretty and pink with a big bow. . . and inside was a photo album. As I opened te first page I saw a photo so amazing I caught my breath. All five of my beautiful children were in a row on the grass. . . smiling at me. I could feel the tears begin as I went through page after page of photos of my children. This was the absolute most amazing gift they could give me!

The story was even funnier! After I said that, Jayme (my oldest) remembered the girl who did her senior photos. This is a young girl who is just starting and very reasonable in prices. They set up an appointment for her to do a photo shoot and my mom helped gather all five kids together. Then, my oldest bought matching tank tops for each girl and new shorts for Jake so they could all have a similar look. The day of the shoot I was working and they told me they went to the lake for the day.

Now, that day I got home from work and nobody was here. I called to check in and Jayme told me they were on their way home. Usually that is an hour drive. Then about ten minutes later she said they had just passed Eagle Point, that didn't make any sense to me, but I didn't think about it. Apparently she had them down at my moms house and made everybody change into bathing suits and grab towels and get grubby so they looked like they were at the lake. I never even had the slightest guess!!!!

SO, all the pictures aren't on disk yet. . . .but I wanted to share a few of my favorites so far. .


Makiah, Katie, Jacob, Jayme, and Hannah

Hannah and Jacob


Oh to be eight years old again!!!



My oldest three beautiful amazing daughters!


No comments:

Post a Comment