Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HOT

SO, here it is the end of August. . . time too cool down and begin thinking about fall crops. Over the past ten days or so I have put out flats of cabbage and broccoli, onions, leeks, and more. I have direct seeded my turnips, carrots and beets. . . then, today, I am working away and was swamped with work when somebody mentions how hot it is outside. . . .

I take a look at the temp and its a mighty 104

No sprinkler left on the garden to cool it down . . . . no deep watering the night before . . .

I came home to find my carrots, beets and turnips fried and gone.

Alas. . . .we may have no fall veggies. I will try to replant after the heat wave but that is pushing us really close. This weekend we are fishing and camping so I don't think its going to happen until early next week.

Well, there is always spinach and lettuce and. . . .chard. .. . .lots of chard lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment