Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer got forgotten!

I realized today that I have not blogged at all. No pics of the garden, the veggies, no cannning or dehydrating stories. No camping or river pics. I have no clue why other then I just have taken the summer off.

I think over the last year of coming out of my shell, letting go of my history and preparing for a future, through therapy and some painful realizations I just settled into this summer doing very little of anything other then kicking back.

Of course I have my garden, but it isn't huge like last year. We are eating lots of veggies, lots of stir fry, lots of salad. I have canned some beets and green beans . . . getting ready to sow flats of winter veggies like broccoli, cabbage and caulliflower.

No rush though, no stress. Just a little here and a little there. As it should be. I will have tiem again to can 300 jars of food and put up vegetables for a year . .. this just isn't the season.

This weekend the kids and I are camping again. A new place on a river, I can spend my days fishing and the kids swimming. My dad loves to cook and his wife plans crafts. Its the only time in the year that I get to kick back and nto be on active duty all the time. I think I will take it . . .

Not much more to say . . . still dealing with a past that never goes away. Still arguing with Bill for all the reasons he should stay away and leave us alone. Still fighting to become human again. Its a good fight . . I think I will win

No comments:

Post a Comment